- Newsletter Spring 2020
- Taiwan & Okinawa
Lotz/Purves (duo with Squeakologist Alan Purves) is invited to perform Taiwan. Also performing with our project Focus On Taiwan with Sheng player Li Li-Cheng and pianist Shih Yang-Lee. Next to the duo concerts I will perform in jazz, have solo recitals and collaborations in improvisation and I will hold a lecture in a University in Tainan.
After that I’ll head to Okinawa for some fantastic performances. A.o with the last singer of the Oshima island, the legendary ‘Grandma’!
- Dutch Tour 2020/21 • Turn On, Tune In, Drop Out!
Mark Lotz Trio in collaboration with legendary Dutch cineast Michiel van Bakel around LSD guru Timothy Leary. Taking Leary’s ‘Eight-Circuit Model Of Consciousness’ as point of departure we will perform psychedelic jazz with interactive video art. Cutting edge jazz with two exiting exponents of the new generation of the Polish music scene.
- The CD ‘The Wroclaw Session’ by the Mark Lotz Trio won twice the ‘Best of’s’ in the ‘New York City Jazz Records Magazine, january edition 2020. In the categories ‘Honorable Mentions’ and ‘Artwork’.
- Newsletter Autumn 2019
- Line up for my jazz festival: Jazz On The Sofa is online and gorgeous!
Kaja Draksler solo, Boy Edgar award 2019 winner Jasper Blom with WonderYears, Lilian Viera/Tato Morales duo, Martien Oster/Marius Beets duo, Bert Lochs/Dirk Balthaus duo and last but not least I have the intense pleasure and privilege to perform in duo with monster bass player Nelson Cascais from Lisboa.
Cutting edge chamber music in 6 living rooms around the castle in Zeist, sunday november 3rd. Mark the date!
Jazz On The Sofa is an initiative of Lotz Of Music and it is durable. More than half of the acts are locals n sexy!
- As part of the governmentboard of the BIM (a Union for improvising musicians) I am proud to announce the first Bim-Podium Award. The announcement of the winner takes place monday 14th at the Bim-huis, Amsterdam. mark the date!
- The Mark Lotz Trio CD ‘The Wroclaw Session’ is featured twice as ‘New Recommended Release’ in ‘The New York City Jazz Record’ magazine. Both in the july AND august edition. We feel flattered.